Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wow.....he's really about to start kindergarten....

I took Sam for his Kindergarten physical on Tuesday. I guess this means he really is about to start to school......boy, do I have mixed feelings about this one. He begins the week after we get back from vacation. I just hope I can enjoy myself on vacation and not worry about it all week long. Of course, he'll be fine, and I'm sure he will love school - it's me I'm worried about!!! Anyway, he saw Dr. Bailey for his physical and Sam weighs 46 lbs and is 46 inches tall. I wasn't sure of his exact measurements, since - and I kid you not - besides, his yearly well-child check-ups, Sam has not been sick or to the doctor in almost 3 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! No kidding,he is seriously one of the healthiest kids I've ever heard of. Almost unnaturally healthy - like his immune system is in overdrive!!! So needless to say we're not regulars at the pediatricians' office. And I like it that way!! He got a clean bill of health, and Dr. Bailey says that he is in the 95th percentile in height (guess he's got my families tall genes!) and 75th percentile in weight. Just perfect.....but I didn't need a doctor to tell me that.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I can't wait to hear about Sams first day of school. Don't worry mom, he will be fine!!