Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Georgia!!!!

I can't believe my baby girl is one year old?!?!? Where did the year go? I guess time really flies quickly when your chasing after 2 children! Especially you, little Miss! I tell everyone that you came out of the womb 6 months old, so that may explain how quickly your first year has passed!! You are such a little firecracker! The life of every party......and checkout line, and restaurant, and grocery store! You definitely have your Daddy's outgoing personality and NEVER meet a stranger! I've had to literally pry you away from complete strangers sitting next to us at restaurants, or standing behind us in line at the store! Such a flirt!! No one can seem to resist that cute little smile, crinkled up nose, or big bright eyes! What are we going to do with you?!?

We haven't been able to get into the doctor for your 12 month check-up yet, so I don't have any of your stats, but I'll post them when we get go. Not that I mind staying out of the doctor's office this time of year!!! I am so proud to say that you haven't been sick one time this entire year - not one single sick visit to the doctor! That's got to be some kind of record!

Here's a little snippet of what life looks like at one year old....

Eating: You are such a good little eater! A thrill for Mommy since your big brother is so picky! You've been off baby food for months and only eat table food now. You want whatever everyone else is having. It amazes me with only 6 teeth (yes, 6 teeth!!!) that you can chew things so well! You love pasta, pizza, pears, grilled cheese, spaghetti, applesauce, peaches, pancakes, and SALAD! But, your favorite foods are still green beans, carrots and peas! I'm so proud of my little vegetable eater!! You loved your birthday cake, and insisted on eating it with a fork! You'd think with all this eating, you'd be a little roly poly, but you are still a tiny little thing, wearing 12 months clothes and size 4 shoes. Guess you work off all those calories, crawling around EVERYWHERE! You are never still! We're still not walking (although, you have taken a step here and there), but you are standing alone really well, and love to walk while holding on to our fingers. Walking, or should I say with you, running, should come very soon......oh boy!

Sleeping: You are still such a great sleeper. You go down for the night around 7:30 p.m. and don't wake up again until around 7-8:00 a.m! And you don't even cry to get out of your crib - you just sit there patiently for someone to come discover you're awake! What a dream!!! Of course, you compensate for such a great night's sleep by only taking one nap a day from around 10:30 a.m. to around 12 noon, leaving mommy with only an hour and a half a day to take a breather! But I wouldn't trade 3 naps a day for my uninterrupted nighttime sleep!!!

Playing: You still LOVE stuffed animals and just oooooh and aaaaah everytime you see one. You are so cute hugging and kissing all your "babies"! Of course, your favorite is still your stuffed puppy, "Baby". We don't go far without him! I love the way, you hold one of his ears with one hand and rub his tail with the other while trying to go to sleep - PRECIOUS!!! Of course, you love all dogs, real or stuffed, and can't wait to get your hands on them. You and Maggie are still big buddies and you just think she is the funniest thing ever! You love to play with your Little People barn and animals, as well as your school bus, which you "drive" all over the house. And you can almost catch and throw a ball like a big kid. Of course, your favorite thing to do is climb the stairs, and you can scale those steps in a flash - makes Mommy a nervous wreck! You are not much on watching TV, but will stop what you are doing to watch "My Friends Tigger and Pooh"! You are still jabbering ALL the time and I LOVE to hear your cute little voice! You can say: baby, puppy, Mama, Dada, Sam, bye, picture, pretty, see, uh-oh, stay, Papa, up,what's that, Meme (Maggie), and several more that I can't understand! Priceless..... Your favorite people are Mommy & Daddy, Sam (whom you ADORE), Papa, Uncle Brett & Landen,Tippy, & Sarah. But everyone has to take a back seat to your Grammy!! She is your absolute favorite person in the world and you want no one else when she's around. I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual!!! You two are crazy about each other!!

For all these things, and so much more, I love you, sweet girl. You light up my life! Can't wait to see what the next year holds in store! Happy Birthday, Georgia!

Update: Your 12 month check-up went great, as expected. You are now 20 lbs. and 29 inches, placing you into the 50% on height, and the 30% on weight. The doctor called you "dainty". I'm sure she was talking of your stature, not personality!!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

I don't know when I've enjoyed a little one-year old girl so much!! You have brought so much joy into our lives and we are so thankful for you and your cute little ways. I can't wait to hear you really talk. I know everything you say is going to be funny!